We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Directive 95/46/EC on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (PII (US)) and on the free movement of such data.
What information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Digital Services. This includes information provided by you at the time of becoming a registered user of our Website or a member of a software we operate. When you place order(s) for goods or services (whether through our Digital Services or otherwise), we collect personal information to process and fulfil your order(s), including your payment card details and delivery address. If you become a registered user of our Website, you can save your payment card details and delivery addresses for future use. Details about the transactions you carry out with us, including through our Digital Services. CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises. In the event that you have an accident while on our premises that you bring to our attention, we may record details of that accident and any injury you suffer in the relevant store’s accident log. Information contained in and records of communications between us, including recordings of telephone calls and instant messaging applications.
- Information about your preferences in connection with our Digital Services, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on our Digital Services.
Details of your visits to our Digital Services and how you use our Digital Services; this may involve the collection of, among other things, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer or device is located) and details of the resources that you access (including the pages of our Digital Services that you view). We may also collect location data where this is necessary to provide our Digital Services, for instance in connection with our store finder tools.
Information that you provide to us by using our Digital Services, including any images that you upload and publish to our Digital Services (to the extent these include personal information).
In your use of our Digital Services we may also collect technical information such as details of the device that you use.
We will also collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; for example, we will use your payment card details and delivery address to process and fulfil your order(s);
- to manage our relationship and to administer your membership to any membership scheme we provide (including membership to the B&Q Club); for example, we will keep a record of your membership and use your details to ensure you receive the benefits of that membership;
- to provide, enhance and personalise your experience on our Digital Services;
- in the event that you do not complete your registration or order, we may use any contact information you have provided us to follow-up on your partial registration or order;
- to manage and administer any other arrangements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates);
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
- at or following any purchase or order you make, we may carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity; for example, we may undertake verification checks to identify any discrepancies with your payment details;
- to carry out market research; for example, we may contact you (including by email) to obtain your feedback on our products and services, and we may use details of your purchases to understand market trends and to identify popular products;
- to help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer, including our Digital Services; for example, calls to our contact centres may be monitored and/or recorded for quality control and training purposes. We also monitor details of your visits to our Digital Services, including, but not limited to, traffic data and page views for business and data analysis; and to address any claims made against us; for example, we may share details of our accident logs and CCTV footage with our claims handlers and insurers in connection with any claim made or likely to be made against us. We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about products, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal information in order to ascertain the products, services, promotions and offers that are likely to be of particular interest to you. We may use details of your visits to our Digital Services (including the pages of our Digital Services that you view) in order to ascertain the products, services, promotions and offers that are likely to be of particular interest to you and use this to send tailored marketing information to you. For instance, if you browse pages of our Digital Services in relation to a particular category of product, we may use this information to send you marketing communications about that category of product. Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties as described below. We are a member of the Dohmeyer holding of companies; for more information on the holding please visit: www.dohmeyer.com/aboutus. We may share your personal information with other members of our holding in connection with the purposes above and those listed below. Members of the Dohmeyer holding may also use the personal information we share with them to improve their websites and other digital services, for analysis purposes and to offer you products and services that they believe may be of interest to you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information. For example, we may engage third party service providers to fulfil orders, carry out surveys and installations, deliver packages, send postal mail and email, maintain and update our databases of customer details (including the removal of repetitive information), analyse data, to help us develop, provide and improve our Digital Services, provide marketing assistance, process card payments, provide customer service and handle claims. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use the information we receive from third parties to supplement, improve and add to our databases of customer details.
- We may share limited information that we hold about you (for example, your email address) with third parties that also hold your information or have an existing online relationship with you in order to identify you as our customer and to enable us (or third parties on our behalf) to provide you with relevant marketing online.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us. For example, we may send CCTV footage and information contained in our accident logs to our insurers.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply our Digital Services Ts&Cs, Terms and Conditions of Sale, Supply & Install Termsor other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates)); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our Digital Services, sales and traffic patterns with members of the Kingfisher Group and other parties.
Where will your personal information be processed?
In relation to the above uses of your personal information and the above sharing arrangements, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information as the DPA. In these circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the requirements of the DPA.
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive to enable our systems to recognize your browser and help us to track visitors to our Website and Digital Services so we can better understand what portions of the Website and Digital Services best serve you. It may not be possible to place orders and purchase goods and services using the Website or Digital Services unless you have cookies turned on and we suggest that you leave them turned on for this purpose.
Our cookies enable us to provide features such as the ability to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
To find out more about the types of cookies we use on the Website and Digital Services, how we use them and how you can change your cookies settings, please read our Cookies policy.
Access to your personal information
The DPA gives you the right to access your personal information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently not exceeding £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
How to contact us
- online via the Contact Us enquiry form on www.dohmeyer.com
- by telephone on 0048177745470
- by writing to us at: Dohmeyer, Wojska Polskiego 3, 39-300 Mielec, Poland.
This Policy was last updated on 17 April 2018.
3. Cookies Pop-up
This website is using cookies. By your continued use of this site you accept such use. To change your settings or view our policy please see our policy here.
References to we, us or our (or words of similar import) means Dohmeyer Construction, a limited company (Sp. z o.o.) registered in Poland (company identification number PL5252494903), whose registered office is at Wojska Polskiego 3 | 39-300 Mielec | Poland.
references to you means the person accessing and using a Website (as defined below)
Cookies on our Websites
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access most websites on the internet or open certain emails. Among other things, cookies allow a website to recognise your device and remember if you’ve been to the website before. We use the term cookie to refer to cookies and technologies that perform a similar function to cookies (eg tags, pixels, web beacons, etc). Cookies can be read by the originating website on each subsequent visit and by any other website that recognises the cookie.
However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies set on a Website may impact the functionality or performance of the Website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through the Website. It will also affect our ability to update the Website to cater for user preferences and improve performance.
The following categories of cookie are currently used by us:
|Cookie Type||Overview||Use on the Website|
Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the use of the features and services on the Website.
If you block these cookies we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through the Website or be sure how the Website will perform during your visit.
|We use these cookies to:
+ Remember products added to your shopping basket· Remember selections or information you have entered when you navigate to different pages during your session on the Website (for example, which B&Q store you have selected)
· Identify you as being logged in to the Website
|Performance||Performance cookies collect information about how the Website is used so that we can improve the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.||
We use these cookies to:
Monitor and provide statistics on how the Website is used
Help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur See how effective adverts on the Website are and try to ensure they are as relevant as possible
Provide feedback to our affiliates, and third parties we have allowed to link to the Website, regarding users accessing their sites. This information may be used by those third parties to improve their sites or services
Test the Website’s design and operability
Functional cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make such as your user name, log in details or language preferences, and any customisations you make to pages on the Website during your visit.
If you block these cookies certain features and services may be affected and we cannot be sure how the Website will perform during your visit.
We use these cookies to:
Show you when you’re logged in to the Website
Provide individual services, such as watching a video or commenting
Share information with partners to provide a service on the Website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose
Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
These cookies are used to enhance your experience of the Website and the internet. Among other things, they collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising and marketing more relevant to you and your interests.
This information is linked to site functionality provided by other websites, and may be shared with other organisations (such as advertising networks).
More information about online behavioural advertising and online privacy can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu
We use these cookies to:
Provide advertising agencies, advertising networks and other third parties with information on your visit and browsing habits so that they can present you (and other potential customers) with adverts that you (or they) may be interested in (including with respect to adverts displayed on other websites)
Limit the number of times you see an advert
Help measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns and to identify where we should focus our campaigns. We may share the information we obtain from cookies with third parties for this purpose
Track the distribution of electronic content (such as documents and images) we make available on our Website or otherwise distribute (including our marketing communications), including the identity of the individuals who view and forward that content
Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to serve you with targeted advertising on other websites
Follow-up with you in the event that you partially complete an order for products or registration on the Website